Last night we stopped by a car dealership to continue the dreaded new car search. We have been by this particular dealership and had a frustrating experience, so we parked and immediately darted to the cars up front. We searched for the one Robby found online and came up short. Last time they had more in the back, so we wanted to try there, but didn't want to get 'stopped'. We decided to go for it and just as we were making our way someone stops us. Boo. Oh, well. I guess it is their job, but we knew we would only be wasting their time.
This guy approached us with a full cigarette, which I could smell before he even made his way to us. I didn't know it was coming from him at first until he asked if he could continue smoking as we walked to the back. Robby and I both said yes. Why did I do that? It was STRONG and he still had the whole thing left. I HATE the smell of cigarettes and knowing that all effects go straight to my son made it 10X worse. Why couldn't I have said, "Actually, would you mind putting it out?" I don't think it would have been rude, especially since he later said something about me being pregnant.
Anyways, long story short, they didn't have any other cars in the back so we left, but the whole night I was thinking about how silly it was that I couldn't have said what I wanted to. Sometimes I just need to put on my big girl panties.
Car salesmen can be so sleezy. We had a couple run ins when we bought the truck too :(
ReplyDelete