Some of my soldier's likes are peanut butter and Star Wars, so that's why he is getting peanut butter cookies and all of the Star Wars plates and napkins! Hope he enjoys the box as much as I did putting it together. Operation Baking Gals sends their packages once a month and has been for the past 19 months! I am so happy to finally be involved. If you are interested in participating, check it out or comment/email/call me.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Operation Baking Gals
Operation Baking Gals is a group of bakers who team up and send homemade treats to our courageous deployed military men and women. I found out about it through one of my favorite baking blogs, Beantown Baker. She was my team leader this month (my first baking round). Each leader tries to find 20 bakers to bake on the team and send to their soldier. The idea is all 20 bakers send their box of goodies within the same week to 10 days, so the soldier is bombarded with thoughts of home, support, love, and appreciation. They can then share with their fellow soldiers... or not! :) I just returned from the post office where I sent the following to my solider, Richard, in Iraq.
Oreo Brownies
Regular Ole' Brownies
Double-Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
Here is a picture of the peanut butter cookie process. I didn't think I liked peanut butter cookies until I tried this recipe! It won the Pillsbury Bake-Off in 2008. (next time I am going to try these with a Nutella center instead of peanut butter :0 )
Here is everything that shipped in my box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Um you KNOW I want to be apart of that!!!
ReplyDelete